194474331155521_194474351155519

Breaking

Australia's skipper Steve Smith not happy with Umpiring in ODI series against England

Australia-England-ODI-Steve-Smith-2018-series



Australia's skipper Steve Smith not happy with Umpiring in ODI series against England 


Smith said: "I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the ruling with a soft signal.

"It's hard to overturn anything. We've seen a few this summer that have been pretty similar. If the fielder goes up and celebrates they usually get given out, and if you're a bit apprehensive of what's happened they normally get given not out.
"It's hard for them [the umpires] to overturn the decision. I'd actually like for the third umpire to have to make the decision, whether it's out or not."
Buttler was in no doubt he had taken a clean catch. He said: "I was pretty sure it was out. Any wicketkeeper would tell you if he's got his fingers under it. They always look either way on TV, but for me it was out."
Meanwhile, Smith was forced to deny he had tampered with the ball after he appeared to apply something during England's innings.
Smith said: "My lips are pretty dry. It's just the way I get some spit into the side of my mouth and get it onto the ball. There's nothing in it."
Smith was on 45 when England wicketkeeper Jos Buttler claimed a caught-behind off the bowling of Mark Wood.
On-field umpire Chris Gaffaney gave Smith out and, after several minutes of checking different angles, TV umpire Kumar Dharmasena upheld the decision.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.